1. The data controller
2. Contact information
Kuninkaalantie 1, 01300 Vantaa, Finland
email: dataprotection (at) tikkurila.com
3. The purpose for processing customers’ personal data and legal grounds for processing
Tikkurila is processing customers’ and/or their contact persons personal data to take care of the business related sales and marketing activities regarding Tikkurila’s operations.
The purpose of the processing personal data is to:
- improve the quality and selection of Tikkurila’s products
- improve customers knowledge and awareness of our products
- follow our offering activities
- invite potential customers to our events
- support our sales
- advertise and marketing our products
The processing is based on Tikkurila’s legitime interest or data subject’s consent.
4. Collected personal data
The personal data, which is collected by Tikkurila, may, inter alia, include the following kind of data as well as changes to those:
- first name, sure name, title, duty and/or other work related information, phone number, email address, mail address, age range, gender, name of the company the data subject represents
6. Regular sources of information
Main part of the information is collected from the data subject or from the company he/she represents. Personal data can also be collected from third parties, like organizations which organize different kind of construction or paint related events or activities.
7. Regular transfers of data and transfers of data to countries outside European Union or European Economic Area
When processing your personal data Tikkurila is using service providers, servers and resources located in various countries. To some extent the data will also be transferred to other companies belonging to Tikkurila Group. Tikkurila will transfer your data also to countries outside of EU and EEA where the legislation regarding privacy is different from the European laws. Tikkurila will ensure that there are legal grounds for transferring the data and that the data is protected according to the applicable law, especially by using the model contracts of EU Commission concerning data transfer.
8. Storage time of personal data
Personal data will be stored for as long as needed taking account the business needs of Tikkurila, mainly three (3) years after the last active business event between that parties.
9. Data protection principles
Tikkurila will ensure the data security of collected data by using adequate technical and organizational measures.
Only authorized representatives of Tikkurila and authorized external service providers working on behalf of Tikkurila have the right to process personal data. Tikkurila has given limited access to data only to those persons who need to have the access. The system is protected according to Tikkurila’s Information Security Policy.
10. Your rights concerning personal data
You have also the right to prohibit Tikkurila from processing personal data in case there are no legal grounds for processing and a right to ask Tikkurila to restrict processing the data. Additionally, you have the right to ask Tikkurila to rectify incorrect data concerning yourself. The request for the abovementioned matters shall be made to the contact information mentioned above.
You have also a right to make a claim to the data protection authority concerning the processing of personal data.